Monday, December 5, 2011

Why be Traditional?

Written by my friend Constance Hayden

I have worked from home for a few years now, but I have been pretty traditional about where and when I work. I set up a home office, and during work hours I work. I don’t turn on the TV, call my parents to catch up, or run errands. I started to think about my situation recently and was wondering what the benefits from working at home are if I’m not even giving myself the flexibility to work when I want, and from where I want. I don’t get any of the social interactions that most people get working in an office, so sometimes it gets pretty lonely. I decide to start exploring things I can do to get out more, and maybe work from a coffee shop or library somewhere. One of the things I came up with was to sign up for 4g wireless internet service. This service would give me the freedom to work from another location, but know I could still keep in touch and send work to my clients. I’m excited about getting started and can’t wait to start exploring all of the possibilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment